I am emailing a link of this to everyone on the class list every week. If you are not receiving these emails or want to have them sent to another email address feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will add you to the mailing list.
- 16:00 Wednesday 7 October B214
Starting this week:
Environmental Engineering: Tutorial Monday 13:00, Lectures Wednesday 11:00, Thursday 10:00, Friday 10:00
Civil Engineering: Tutorial Friday 11:00, Lectures Wednesday 11:00, Thursday 10:00, Friday 10:00
Assessment 1 has been emailed to all of you. The hand in date in Friday 16 October. Late handed in late shall be assigned a mark of zero.
- I want you to read the first page carefully. When you start getting down to actually doing the assignment, read the problems carefully
- the purpose of this assignment is to help with your understanding of the material and hopefully this will end up with you being proficient in its use and able to do well in the final exam
- you should start right now because you only have one week to complete the assignment. The hand in date is Friday 17 October.
- yes you can ask me questions about the assignment before, after and sometimes during class (if ye are working on a problem). Also you can ask me questions via email.
- if you are having problems using Microsoft Excel then you are to email me ASAP and arrange to visit me in my office. You will bring your work on a memory key and we will sort it out
- The assignment is worth 15%. The question on the final paper will be worth 25% of the 70% — which is 17.5% — on offer on the final paper. Do a good job with this assignment and you should do well on Q.1 on the paper and you might just have 32.5% in the bag before we go onto more technical stuff.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY — you are welcome to work together. All of you have different data so none of you will have the same answers. Therefore you cannot copy each other. The best way to learn is by teaching.
- Work submitted after 12:00 on Friday 17 October will be assigned a mark of zero. Hand up whatever you have on time.